Motorcycle Storage Tips
Texas Mega Storage
November 10th, 2020
Motorcycle Storage Unit Tips
Here are some suggestions to help avoid damage to your motorcycle if you put it into storage during the winter season:
- Warm up the engine so that all the old oil will drain.
- Refill with new oil.
- Clean the oil filter or replace with a new one.
- Have a complete lubrication job done, making sure that the chain receives a light coating of oil.
- On two-stroke engines the transmission should be drained and refilled
- Remove the spark plugs and give each cylinder a coating of oil.
- Clean and inspect the plugs and install new ones if necessary. •
- Make sure the fuel tank, lines and carburetor are completely drained of fuel. •
- Disconnect the battery and wash off any corrosion with a solution of baking soda and water.
- Store the battery at room temperature or slightly cooler. •
- Inflate the tires to their recommended pressure.
- Wash and wax all painted surfaces and polish all the chrome.
- Be sure your machine is protected from the weather.